Upcoming Board Meeting Schedule
The monthly meetings of the directors of Pontotoc Electric Power Association are held in our conference room at 12 South Main Street and begin at 9:00 a.m. (unless otherwise noted).
Scheduled Meeting Dates
- Jan. 6, 2021
- Feb. I0, 2021
- Mar. 10, 2021
- Apr. 7, 2021
- May 5, 2021
- Jun. 9, 2021
- July 7, 2021 (held at PEPA Bruce Office)
- Aug. 4, 2021
- Sep. 8, 2021
- Oct. 6, 2021
- Nov. 10, 2021
- Dec. 8, 2021
Notice to Pontotoc Electric Power Association Members 4/6/2020:
After careful and long deliberations, the Board of Directors of Pontotoc Electric Power Association has voted to discontinue the fiber-to-the-home project at this time. The astronomical cost for such a project, estimated to be between 43 and 48 million dollars, is not currently feasible for the cooperative. Pontotoc Electric has commissioned three separate feasibility studies, of which the first showed only a marginal cost recovery and the second and third showed the project not to be feasible at all. The Board’s first consideration is to provide reliable electric service to its members and to protect the financial integrity of the Association.
The Board of Directors will continue to monitor developments affecting the broadband industry. If future developments enhance the ability of Pontotoc Electric to offer fiber-to-the-home, the project will be reevaluated.
GUIDELINES FOR MEMBER REQUESTS TO ADDRESS BOARD MEETINGS
- Guests will be asked to sign a guest register upon entering the room for a Board Meeting.
- Only members of Pontotoc Electric Power Association will be afforded the opportunity to address the Board.
- Each member in attendance will be asked if they would like to address the Board, in the order of their name on the attendance list.
- Only two members will be allowed to address the Board on any particular subject. However, two persons may speak in favor of and two in opposition to a particular topic.
- Each member will be allowed to speak for up to five minutes, and will be given a notice with one minute remaining in their time allotment and again when their time limit has expired.
- Other guests are asked to show courtesy and respect the time of the person who is speaking at any particular time by not interrupting or adding side comments while the recognized person is speaking.